Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Prejudice"

          I have a set of wonderful parents who have always taught me to be respectful of others. Whether they are of a different skin color, religion, age, or culture. Being that I live in America, where you can find just about everything and anything. I see different types of people all around me everywhere I go. I am not the type of person to exclude others because o the differences they might have from me. I know I might think a certain way, but that doesn’t mean I can impose any ideas and say that I am right. Everyone has the right to speak freely in order to let others decide for themselves if they agree with you.
          When there are close minded people that only leaves space for prejudice. Prejudice is having an opinion about someone or something without having knowledge about the matter. People that are prejudice never experience new things that benefit their life. They try to exclude a certain group so they can feel superior. Minorities are usually the ones being prejudged, people might think they are ignorant. Plenty of times they don’t get certain positions because they are prejudged. They might be qualified for the position but since the person has formed an opinion already they lose on opportunities. A certain group of people might suffer on their daily lives because people treat them differently. It shouldn’t be this way, people should feel free in their own country. They shouldn’t feel pressured to change themselves to satisfy the people around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment