Wednesday, October 13, 2010

“A Time of Total Happiness”

    A personality memory of a time I was totally happy was when I was reunited with my older sister.. My sister, Ericka, left to Nebraska when I was eleven years old. I was very close to her and so it was hard for me when she left. I felt she had abandoned me but she was leaving to make a better life for herself.
    The only way we communicated was by mail. When she first arrived she didn’t have a phone or internet. We exchanged letters, which I received about once a month. I missed her more and more as the days went by. A few years passed and by that time she was back on her feet, we would send emails and talk on the phone for hours.
    My mother had informed me about her plans to go visit my sister in Nebraska. It was summer of 2007, and we were arranging everything. I was excited to finally see my sister in person. It was the month of June, and I was going to stay until the end of July. A whole month to spend with my sister sounded wonderful.
    The day I arrived to Nebraska I felt so happy. The flight was nerve racking so being on the ground made me feel safe. Ericka was waiting for us outside. I immediately dropped my bags and ran to her. That was the best day of my life. I was reunited with my sister and it was wonderful, I was very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment