Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Study Abroad"

      At the beginning of the year, i attended a college fair in Pasadena. I received a lot of information about colleges and universities all around the United States. There was a university in particular that caught my attention. Soka University of America not only offered the major I plan on studying, but it mandated study abroad. The countries that were for selection are Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Mexico, Japan, China, I would have to learn to speak Chinese first. This would be a challenge but also a great opportunity to expand the languages I speak. Overall, it would be interesting to go overseas to a foreign country to study and live. A year away from home would be difficult, but I believe it would impact my life.
      The steps I would have to take in order to accomplish this goal as quickly as possible is to enroll into a Chinese language class. It would take time but with effort and hard work, I know for a fact I can learn the language. Then I would have to talk to my counselor at school to set up my trip to China. Studying abroad in China would be a great experience. I would encourage students to look for a school that offers study abroad, its something that can shape your life and change your mentality. It will introduce you into a new world you couldn’t have imagined, a new culture, and a new you.

No comments:

Post a Comment