Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Common Application Prompt"

        I feel it is a blessing to have such a supportive family that has shaped my life in a tremendous way, not only that but have taught me to be the best that I can be. I believe those are the most important things in my life right now. The way my parents have structured their home God is first, your family second, then school, and lastly your friends. My family has been there for me through everything and have loved me despite my minor imperfections. I feel that I need that support in order to achieve the goals I have set for myself. I want to not only make myself proud, but also my loving family. In order to have a good life I have to start now by being productive in school as well as in my home. My brother, Kevin Hernandez, has been the one person who has influenced me the most out of my family. He has always been the one to give me the motivation I need during times of frustration.
        I have gone through many things that have shaped me into the person I am today. I know I’m mature to handle mostly anything that comes my way because of what I’ve experienced. I have had people come and go in my life and learned you have to be strong and not let it bring you down. I have God to thank for protecting me all these years, and keeping me well. Kevin has shown me that regardless of the negative things people might have to say, you cant give up on what you’re passionate about. Something he is passionate about is his art, when he was younger he received a lot of criticism about his art style. He was persistent with his talent in the arts and continued to express himself whether on a canvas or a piece of paper. He has been to plenty of art galleries where people have shown great interest in his art, and have purchased his art pieces. This to me has been of great influence, not only has he shown me that when you’re being true to yourself, you can succeed but also to use that criticism to work harder to prove to yourself you are capable of whatever you set your mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment