Sunday, November 7, 2010

"An Effective Teacher"

      My education is very important to me, but there are times I get frustrated with school. A subject in particular I take great interest in, is U.S. History, thanks to Mr. Berry. I had him as a teacher for my junior year. When I was a tenth grader I heard his class was hard and that he was strict. Going in to his class, I was kind of scared and worried about how much work I was going to be having. The first wee I was in his class I knew I was going to enjoy being his student. The way he taught his class wasn’t complex, he made the class interesting. All the information he gave was given at a good pace. I was never lost in his class, all the work he gave made me understand the concept of the subject. When I worked in a group all of us had to contribute and talk in front with other people instead of by yourself. I feel that when you work together the content of the subject is grilled into your head because you’re not only responsible for your grade, but of your classmates also.
        I recently had to take the SAT subject test, and I chose U.S. History as one of the subjects to test on. I felt confident before the test because Mr. Berry was the most effective teacher I have had. When I took it, I knew most of the answers, the way he ran the class actually made me remember everything. The warm ups, workbook sheets, vocabulary, and book work helped me save the information in my head. Mr. Berry’s class was my favorite, and I know his current students will be affected in a positive way by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment