Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Memoir"

    People often judge people before they even get a chance to know who the person really is. Seeing a person around and knowing them are very different. Once you begin to get to know a person, all the negative thoughts that you had about them will be forgotten and replaced with positive things. I believe that people shouldn't have these negative perceptions about people because it prevents that person from creating new friendships and bonds. I have been a person who in the past, judged people by their apperance and not their personality. I learned that it is wrong to judge a book by it's cover when I met my brother's girlfriend.
When I met my brother's new girlfriend, I immediately told myself that I didn't like her being that she looked like she had an attitude. Another reason why I made a judgement so quickly was because I had grown close to his previous girlfriend and I thought I shouldn't like the new one. Everytime I saw her around the house, I wouldn't try to start up a coversation with her. The only two things that I would say to her were hi and bye.   My brother saw how I was acting towards his girlfriend and he somewhat confronted me about the situation.
My brother made me realize that I should give her a chance and I might like her. I started to talk to her more and learn more about her. I started to enjoy the time that I spent with her. We started to go out to Pinkberry, the mall, and to restaurants. We began to open up to each other about some of the problems that we were going through at that moment in time. I knew that she could be someone that i go to whenever I may need something. I began to understand he personality and why she seemed as though she had an attitude.
Listening to her problems made me feel bad about being rude towards her when I first met her. I learned that she was a troubled girl, who was in search of who she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment