Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Personal Essay"

     There are a number of ways in which I can become disappointed. Majority of the times that I am disappointed, I have been disappointed at myself. My friends or close family members have made me disappointed. I’ve come to realize that if you’re close to me and I expert move out of you, the more disappointed I will be when they don’t do something in the correct manner. If one of my close friends disappointed me, I probably wouldn’t talk to them for a day or two. When I’m disappointed in other people, I have the tendency of getting over it much faster than when I’m disappointed in myself. I put people on different levels. The higher you are, the more that I would expect out of them. These are the people who rarely disappoint me because they know what I don’t like and they don’t do anything that they know is going to get me upset. Sometimes, they may make a mistake and does something that really disappoints me. It may seem that I’m kind of mad at them, but I’m really not. I’m just a bit disappointed. They wouldn’t know that I’m disappointed until after I’ve gotten over the situation. I don’t like to see the people that I care about make mistakes that are going to have a very negative effect on them. I find it easy to become disappointed in myself. I know what I am capable of. When I don’t reach or exceed my expectations. I feel somewhat like a failure to myself and to the people around me. I remain disappointed in myself for a much longer period time I would with other people. The only way to take the disappointment away is when I prove to myself that I could do much better and exceed my expectations. It was this one time in tenth grade where I didn’t understand this concept in chemistry and became so disappointed in myself. I was pushing myself so hard to grasp it, but I couldn’t. I studied more and the teacher explained it thoroughly, so I thought that I had it, when it come down to the test, I literally forget how to solve everything that was on the test. I gave up on myself. I turned the test into the teacher and left the classroom. I began to cry because I expected so much more out of myself. I went over everything that was on the test. Then I took it over and got them all correct. I exceed my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment