Friday, November 26, 2010

"Older Person, Younger Person"

 
      A person that has always been there is my wonderful grandmother. I am so thankful for her, and I can’t imagine life without her. So when I do think about her leaving us when her time comes to an end, I cant help but feel sad. So many cherished memories and moments I have built with her since my childhood, for sure, will keep her alive in my heart. There is a special bond between us that words cant explain, a feeling of certainty when I’m with her, her advice keeps me strong. She is my motivation she never gives up on me, I think so highly of her. She is a great, kind, caring grandmother with all of her grandchildren. My younger sister, Janelly, reminds me so much of her. They both have similar characteristics, and they spend a lot of quality time with each other.
      I see a lot of my grandmother in my little sister, she is very sharp and quick, just like my grandmother. She brings so much joy into this family, and in a way has brought us closer since her birth. My grandmother is another person that has brought us together, especially when she cooks like on special occasions. Janelly has very goods ears, she can hear almost anything and everything, I think she inherited that from my lovely grandma. She has my grandmother’s lips, and uses many of the Spanish words my grandma says. My sister loves going over to her house, they both love to eat fried plantains. When im in my room, and my little sister notices that im feeling down she sits next to me and tries to make me feel better. The only other person who does that is my grandmother. So I feel my sister has learned a lot from my grandmother, so I see a lot of similarities. I love them both very much, and I know that when the time comes, my grandmother will live in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment