Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Setting As The World"

       My family was all dressed up, smelling good, and they were wearing a smile on their faces. We were all sitting on the comfortable chairs around the wooden table clothed with a red cover, staring at the delicious plate of food in front of our faces. The hot food smelled so appetizing, the laughter of my father was contagious and a chorus of laughter was followed coming from my older sister, grandmother, mother, and brother. I couldn’t help but feel joy and gratitude for the family God had given me. It was a lovely Thursday the year 2010, it was Thanksgiving Day at my house. The Dining room was warm and you felt the love in the air. There were apple cinnamon candles all around the room giving it a sweet aroma, we went around the table taking turns to say why they were thankful. We were ready to eat and taste the food we had made for this special occasion. I took the first bite of my warm buttery biscuit, I then took a bite of my turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and macaroni and cheese. We were all stuffed and I got up to pick up the heavy dirty plate and place them in the sink. I joined the table once again, I could hear the wind whistling outside, but I continued to converse with my family. I felt so relaxed especially when my mom put slow music on to make the atmosphere more lively. When my mother took out the pie, I felt my mouth water. She sliced the light brown apple pie carefully and put it on a plate for me to eat. The dining room has so many special and valuable memories, I feel safe because it’s a space in which I spend quality time with my family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment