Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Smaller Families" Semester Essay #4

            I have a loving family who is composed of six members, I consider our family to be neither large nor small. I am the third child out of four, and I consider this to be a blessing. My older sister, Ericka, has been like a second mother to me and my older brother, Kevin, has been there to protect me. Both of them have motivated me to do my best and go beyond what they have accomplished. I will be the first in my family to graduate high school and further my education by attending a college. I know I make my parents proud most of the time, but that’s what great about having a family, you love each other no matter what. My younger sister, Janelly, is the one that looks up to me and so I have to set an example for her. I try to be there for her whether if it’s just to play games with her or help with her homework. I enjoy the time I spend with her because I build memories with her just like my older siblings did with me.
            I find that when spending quality time with your family members you tend to build a relationship with trust and love. I feel that when you have a smaller family it gives you the opportunity to get to know them better. When you have a small family made up of a few children, its easier for the parents to provide for them. A parent’s relationship with their children all depends on how much time they dedicate to them. Financially the parents are better off having a few children, they won’t have to worry about money or the cost of living. If their children were to have a problem at school, the parents are more likely to notice than if they had more children to take care of. Their responsibility wouldn’t stress them out or take up all their time.
           A family is there to support each other in time of need, and I find it to be easier to provide what is needed when it’s a small one. When you live in a house with a few family members, there’s a possibility that you get more than other families. Whether its clothes, shoes, money, or affection. Usually small families have space in their home, they don’t really have to worry about their privacy. In a big family, in some occasions you have to share your things or a room. Your family members are all in your business, and you don’t have a say in what happens. It is common for parents to struggle financially when having big families, they have to stay on a budget to make it. They have to take care of the bills, school supplies, clothes, shoes, and food.
           I feel that when having a smaller family it’s less responsibility on a person. You get to bond with each of your family members and build a strong relationship. I would understand why people are deciding not to have half a dozen children instead of a few

No comments:

Post a Comment