Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"The 70's"

       During the 70’s, there were a lot of hippies and lots of talk about peace. I would pick this decade, if I had the choice of selecting a decade which I could experience. I would want to be the age of twenty-one, so could be an adult. I like the designs on their clothing, and especially the bell bottom jeans that they were worn back then. The cars that were driven looked very nice. I’ve viewed pictures of my parents in the seventies, my father’s car looked different from the modern car of today. That’s whats so attractive about the cars from the 70’s, the material looks strong. I imagine that back then there weren’t as many gang violence incidents. I think it was a time where people were intrigued by new technology coming about.
       I find the seventies to be a very interesting. I know that the Beatles were a popular bad at the time, and even until this day I like their music. Feminism took a role in society during the 70’s. also the African American Civil Rights Movement achieved some goals to benefit minorities. I feel the 70’s was a time when people found courage to stand up for their beliefs. the beliefs African Americans helped change the world completely, we all have been greatly impacted by it. We have the rights we deserve, and we have evolved. The 70's is a decade in which I would've enjoyed experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment